Medical Durable Printing and Coating
Flexographic High-Quality Spot and Process Color, Medical Durable Printing and Coating for Graphics and Labels
If products that are resistant to UV light, fading, chemicals, and abrasions are a must for your business, look no further than Tapecon’s Medical Durable Printing group. Selective & zoned adhesives, custom textures, and optically clear materials are features that are readily available to enhance your medical device and medical products.
Flexographic printing is ideal for medium to high volume high-quality medical graphics, labels, and packaging where the appeal is important. Features available that help to enhance your medical device products include: lamination, embossing, hot stamping, holographic, color-changing ink, UV illuminates, tamper-proof and security, and printed textures.
High Durability Screen Printing with Resistance to Harsh Medical Environments
Durable Screen Printing is ideal for medical devices, where you need high durability, and where resistance to UV, fading, chemicals, and abrasion are important. Features available that help to enhance your medical device includes: selective and zone adhesives, custom textures, and optically clear materials. Design assistance is available from our experienced Screen Printing Division.
Tapecon offers expanded capabilities to fulfill a wide variety of medical applications.
Medical Durable Printing Capabilities:
- Flexo printed in rolls or sheets
- Full or selective adhesive constructions
- Keyboard decals
- Thermal die cut decals
- Backlit displays / dead front panels and zone textures
- In-Mold Decorating, In-Mold Labeling
- Window decals
- Single and double-sided printing
- Die-cut, pre-spaced legends and logos
- UL / CSA approved constructions
- Clean room environment
- ITAR Registered
- ITAR overlays and decals
- Tamper evident overlays and labels
- Tamperproof overlays and labels
- Screen printed in rolls or sheets
- Flexible nameplates and decals
- Keyboard overlays
- Custom decal stickers
- Membrane overlays
- Thermal die cut decals
- Embossed nameplates
- Printed magnets
Advantages of Flexographic and Screen Printed Medical Devices:
- UV resistant
- Vibrant colors – fade resistant
- Chemical and abrasion resistant
- Selective adhesive & zones adhesives
- Custom textures for faceplates
- Optically clear & scratch-resistant material
Tapecon has coating solutions for medical applications using antimicrobial inks. Our microbial inhibiting material is a textured film that inhibits growth on surfaces without the use of chemicals. These inks can be printed and converted for an environmentally-friendly approach to bacterial control. It’s a non-toxic approach because it employs no chemicals during the process. Rather than killing bacteria, it simply inhibits bacteria from attaching to the surface and multiplying.
Medical Digital Printing
Unmatched Quality, Incredible Resolution, Mass Customization for Medical Applications
Tapecon is recognized as an industry-leading digital printing company. The technologies that we use allow us to offer our customers high quality, short to medium run products including labels, decals, and membrane switch overlays with quick turnaround times. Cost savings are achieved by eliminating films, plates, screens, and traditional material waste. There are significantly less raw materials used in the process thanks to vastly reduced make-ready time.
Our medical digital printing technologies allow us to produce goods with custom numbering, barcodes, security features, and fully variable images and variable data.
Key Advantages of Medical Digital Printing:
- Print from one to many colors
- Capable of printing complex artwork design
- A wide variety of materials available
- Short lead times
- Rapid prototyping
- Roll and sheet options
Tapecon has several medial digital printing technologies:
- Dry toner electrophotography technology ensures digital printing quality that is simply unmatched. The toner has excellent outdoor UV fade resistance and abrasion resistance. This technology allows for maximum speed printing with variable repeat lengths and labels of different sizes and formats in the same run. Regardless of the number of colors required to complete the job, print speed will not be affected. This digital printing process boasts a number of environmentally friendly benefits which eliminates water pollution, saves energy, and makes paper recycling easy.
- Thermal transfer is a digital printing technology commonly used to print unique, one-off images and alpha-numeric characters with a high resolution and excellent image durability. Durable thermal transfer color printing with digital cutting eliminates the need for films, plates, screens, and costly dies. This technology is a great fit for prototypes and short runs of labels, decals, banners, signage, overlays, table and floor graphics, and much more.
- Inkjet Printing: Inkjet printing offers a great option for thick rigid substrate printing. This technology is a great fit for prototypes and short and medium runs of labels, decals, banners, signage, overlays, table and floor graphics, and much more.
Medical UL Products
Since 1984, UL has been working to promote a safer world through rigorous testing of products in order to ensure that they meet a strict set of safety standards.
Tapecon is recognized by UL as a member of the Authorized Label Suppliers Program and is recognized in the Marking and Labeling Systems – Component and Printing Materials – Component categories.
We take pride in understanding product safety and have a wealth of knowledge in the variety of medical applications in the UL system.
Temperature, sterilization, and time indicators are just three of the many types of indicators that we are able to produce at Tapecon. Thanks to our extensive knowledge of the industry and the required processes, we have the ability to create medical solutions that consistently meet or exceed the strict regulatory requirements.
For over four decades, Tapecon has been a reliable converting partner for industry-leading medical companies. Tapecon’s ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 paired with over 90 years of product innovation stand as a testament to the quality of our products and adherence to medical safety standards.
When your brand needs to stand out, Tapecon’s Durable Screen Printing division is the group to make that happen. We specialize in applications where vibrant colors need to shine. When durability and resistance to chemicals and abrasion are a must, look no further than Tapecon.
Thanks to a wide range of materials as well as custom textures and adhesive applications, Tapecon is able to provide the perfect overlay for your medical device. Fade, chemical, and abrasion are all key factors of the reputation for durability that Tapecon has established. That reputation serves as an extension of Tapecon’s 90-plus years of experience.
Speak with a Sales Service Representative
Call Now: (800) 333-2407
Contact Tapecon to solve your application challenges.